As a homeowner, you need to know the difference between a plumbing issue and a potential plumbing emergency. An emergency call to a plumber can be expensive but you also need to be sure that your home is not subjected to water damage that can turn into a much bigger problem in the long run. Doing so can lead to potential health and safety hazards, so you need to know how to detect whether or not you need to call someone right away for emergency plumbing in Brier.
If you are able to pinpoint the problem and stop the water flow without shutting off all of the water supply to your home, you may be able to wait until you can set up an appointment with a plumber that can take place during their regular business hours. Should you have a problem that seems to be very sudden, the situation is dire, you do not know the cause, and you cannot stop the water flow, you have to call an emergency plumbing service immediately.
Being Proactive Is Best
It is possible for you to minimize the potential damage to your property as well as any health risks if:
- You can get to the main shut-off valves for the water so that you can easily stop water flow to the area that is causing a problem.
- You are able to safely shut off your water heater.
- Ensure that every adult in the home knows where the shut off valves are located and that they are labeled properly
- With a damp or wet floor or wall, if you are able to pinpoint the source and turn off the water supply so you can dry the area, it is not an emergency
- With a burst pipe, if you can shut off the water to the fixture or pipe but the rest of the home still is able to get water, this is not an emergency
- With a damp or wet floor or wall and there is a quick and escalating issue with a great deal of accumulating water that you cannot stop, this is an emergency
- With a burst pipe where you cannot stop the water supply to the fixture or pipe, or you have to shut off the main water that leaves your home without a water supply, this is an emergency
Furthermore, if you ever have sewage that is backing up into your drains, this is always an emergency where you need to call a professional right away. Trident Plumbing and Drain Cleaning can be there to help you and make sure that your plumbing emergency can be addressed as quickly as possible. We also do not charge additional fees if you call for your emergency needs during regular business hours.