Any sort of water leak within your home can turn into a much more serious plumbing problem. One such leak that will call for immediate attention is known as a slab leak. When you are faced with such a problem, you can contact us at Trident Plumbing to take care of slab leak detection as well as any repair services that you may need.
A slab leak is something that can happen whenever the drainpipes or water supply pipes that go through the concrete slab under your home begin to crack, break or burst. This leak is not in the actual slab but it is inside the pipes that are under the concrete slab of your home. There are several reasons that a leak can form under the slab, including common causes like:
- Corrosion of the pipes
- Wear and tear that can take place due to friction from gravel, concrete or other pipes nearby
- Poor quality pipes or piping that is not installed properly
- Water pressure that is too high
- Settling or shifting of the slab that can lead to a pipe break
There are also several ways that you can tell that you have a potential slab leak taking place. Some of the signs to look for include:
- The sound as if there is water running even though all of the water is off
- Cracking in your flooring or walls
- Raised water usage even though there is no water that is running outside or inside the home
- Sewage smells that could be an indication that there is a break in the drain or sewer lines
- Noticeable moisture or mildew under the flooring or carpets
Regardless of the type of problem that you are having, Trident Plumbing can be there for your slap leak repair needs. Call us today at (425) 321-6043 to set up an appointment.